Karen became an associate with Robert T. Corcoran, P.C. in 1995. Since joining the firm, she has practiced almost exclusively in the area of Matrimonial and Family Law involving divorce, custody, Prenuptial Agreements, domestic violence, and related issues. She has successfully handled many complex high asset divorce matters involving complicated business evaluation and financial issues. Karen is a cum laude graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University and received her law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. After completing law school, she served as Law Clerk for the Honorable Mark B. Epstein, the then presiding Judge in the Family Part in the Superior Court of Middlesex County. She is a member of the Family Law Section of the Bergen County and New Jersey State Bar Associations.
Additionally, she is a certified divorce mediator. She has also previously participated in the New Jersey Inns of Court and has previously volunteered as a panelist in the Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel Program.
Karen has been recognized as one of the Top Lawyers in Bergen County in the area of Family Law for 2011, 2014, and 2015 in 201 Magazine. Karen has also been rated in Martindale Hubbell as Distinguished by peers, which rating indicates that she has been widely respected by her peers for high professional achievement and ethical standards.
- 1990 – State of New Jersey
- 1990 – U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Fairleigh Dickinson University B.S., Cum Laude, 1985
- Seton Hall University J.D., 1990
- Law Clerk, Honorable Mark B. Epstein, Presiding Judge Family Part, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part, Middlesex County, 1990-1991
- Certified Divorce Mediator, having completed the mediation program with the Institute of Dispute Resolution in Montclair, NJ
- Bergen County (Family Law Committee) Bar Association
- New Jersey State (Family Law Section) Bar Association
- New Jersey Family Law Inns of Court (1997-1998)
- Top Lawyers in Bergen County 2011, 2014, 2015, 201 Magazine